I've come to some sort of conclusion that when I think that I am funny,
I'm actually not.
I'm just insane.
I mean this in all sincerity. Last year I thought I was walking, talking attic salt; the cream of the crop; witty exposition at its finest (hence the name of this blog). And as I peruse my posts as of late, I notice that my humor has plummeted. Once a collection of chronicles to be proud of about can now only be described in one word...
dull.
Through both experiences and times when my mind roams the path of a wild imagination, I came to the realization that I am only funny late at night.
No...
Wait....
[Mind wanders, finds a delightful promising path, follows it...]
Yes! That's it! I'm only funny when I'm tired! That is probably why:
... my witty hour last year was at 11pm.
... I was way funnier last year when I averaged about 4.5 hours of sleep a night.
... and now that I average 8 hours this year, I am no longer funny.
It all makes sense! I was never funny, I was just not all there in the head!
Phew! Glad I got that figured out. What... a... relief??
So that was a bit of a downer but luckily there are some things that have cheered me up lately:
Things that make Jillian happy:
There are tiny little buds on the trees around campus. It is a beautiful sign of spring! and the soon close of this semester :)
Missionary letters are the best. But what is even better is the missionary letters that make you wonder what in the hickity heck that person was thinking when they wrote that letter.
On Sunday after church commenced the beginning to a new tradition: apartment nap time. Cute, right?
I was able to help plan and execute a camping trip to the hot pots in Meadow. The weather was amazing, the water was fantastically warm, the polish dogs and baguettes came through for us as expected, the stars were plentiful and gorgeous, the company was excellent, and I had a blast.
In lieu of the premiere of The Hunger Games, our ward is playing our own version of Hunger Games (essentially assassin). Hopefully not to my demise, I've got two midterms this week. And so the paranoia sets in.......
No comments:
Post a Comment